FOR THE FUTURE .
The Doan Foundation’s Legacy
You can play a vital role in the futures of our young artists and The Doan Foundation by making a gift through your estate.
Together, we can:
- Actively encourage creative thinking
- Provide the tools and resources necessary for marginalized young creatives to succeed
- Boost hopeful students who grow up with low socio-economic status so that they can start their careers on an even playing field
- Expand opportunities for entrepreneurship
Give through your will
Giving to The Doan Foundation through your will or living trust can be a simple way to make a gift, and can be done with your attorney. You can name Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation) as a beneficiary in your will or living trust in a number ways:
You can give:
- A specific dollar amount.
- A percentage of your total estate
- The residue or a percentage of the residue of your estate. After specific gifts for loved ones have been made, The Doan Foundation will receive the residual amount you have designated.
- You can make a contingent bequest, in which the Foundation receives a bequest only if a named individual, such as a spouse, does not survive you
Gifts of unrestricted funds help us respond to the needs of our accepted applicants accordingly and allows us more freedom in regards to the programs we implement and events that we coordinate . If you would like to designate your gift for a specific purpose, contact us to discuss the official language needed to ensure that your wishes are met.
The following language may be of use to your attorney:
I hereby give and bequeath to Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation) the sum of ____ dollars / ___ % of my estate to be used for its general purposes.
I hereby give and bequeath to Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation) all / ___ % of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for its general purposes.
I hereby give and bequeath the sum of ___ dollars to ___ [name of individual], if he/she survives me. If ___ [name of individual] does not survive me, I give and bequeath the sum of ___ dollars to Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation) to be used for its general purposes.
Give through a beneficiary designation
Many financial accounts that you may hold allow you to make a gift via a beneficiary designation. This can also be a simple way to give to The Doan Foundation. When you complete your beneficiary designation form, name Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation) as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary.
Some common ways to designate The Doan Foundation as a beneficiary of your estate:
- Retirement Plans – IRAs, 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans. Giving retirement assets may reduce estate taxes, income taxes, or both.
- Bank accounts
- Brokerage accounts
- Life insurance – for a policy no longer needed
All bequests and beneficiary designations should include the following information to confirm the identity of Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation):
Doan Incorporated (The Doan Foundation)’s Federal Tax ID is #88-1998969. It’s primary offices are located at 39252 Winchester Road Ste. 107-420, Murrieta, CA 92563 .
Other ways to give
There are many ways to make a gift that might be suitable for your personal financial situation. We recommend that you consult with a professional advisor when planning an estate gift. If you are considering establishing a charitable trust, giving real estate, or would like to discuss your particular circumstances, we would be pleased to speak with you.
For information about making a gift through your will or estate plans, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those who make a legacy gift to The Doan Foundation are invited to be part of our Legacy Society. It would be our honor to create a set of scholarships and/or programs in your name.