Enrollment typically starts on September 1st and concludes March 1st of any given year
To apply for one of our scholarships, please visit the tab marked “Submissions/Forms” and download the necessary files for instructions.
- Completed applications must be received by e-mail to email@example.com
- Required letter of recommendation may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or included with the application
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
- Students must be high school students living and attending school in Southern California, who are graduating as a senior and who are planning to enroll at a higher education institution or vocational/technical school to pursue an Associate’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree, or certificate of profession.
These eligible counties include:
|Riverside||Santa Barbara||San Bernardino||San Diego||San Luis Obispo||Ventura|
- Students must be embarking on a career pertaining to “the arts”
For example, one of these categories
|Art (General)||Art – Crafts||Art – Dance||Art – Design||Art – Drawing|
|Art – Film Making||Art – Furnishing & Design||Art – Literary Composition||Art – Painting||Art – Papermaking|
|Art – Photography||Art – Printmaking||Art – Sculpture||Art – Video||Art – Visual Arts|
|Music (General)||Music – Composition||Music – Instrumental||Music – Performance||Music – Theory|
|Music – Vocal||Theater (General||Theater – Design||Theater – Musical||Theater – Performance|
|Theater – Playwriting||Theater – Production|
- Students who have financial need, as demonstrated through the completion of of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process
- Students who have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or above
- Students must provide both a FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and a California Aid Report (CAR) with their application
Application Requirements (Preview)
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, all documents listed below must be included in your application submission. Provide all materials in the order listed below.
1) Application: Complete the four-page student information application below.
2) Financial Aid Information: To demonstrate your financial need, include the following documents.
- FASFA Student Aid Report (SAR): Provide a copy of the current academic year SAR. A copy of your FASFA can be obtained by visitinghttps://studentaid.gov/
- If your FASFA SAR is not available, provide a copy of your California Dream Act Application
- California Aid Report (CAR): Provide a copy of your CAR. A copy of your CAR can be obtained by visitinghttps://webgrants.csac.ca.gov/
3) Personal Statement (Essay): Provide a thoughtfully prepared personal statement. Personal statements must be 500 words in length or over, double-spaced, and in 12-point font. Your personal statement must be your own, original work (please list your name on your personal statement). (Essay prompt is available for download in Submissions/Forms by downloading the prompt individually or viewing the prompt within the Scholarship Application)
4) Transcript: Provide an unofficial high school transcript
5) Letter of Recommendation: Include at least 1 letter of recommendation from teachers and/or community leaders who are able to describe your achievements
6) Activity Sheet: Provide details of your high school extracurricular involvement and accomplishments. Alternatively, to meet this requirement, a resume or “brag sheet” may be provided in place of the activity sheet
7) College/Vocational School/Program Acceptance Letters and Financial Aid Offers (If Applicable): If you have received any acceptance letters, and/or a copy of a financial award offered by a higher education institution you are interested in attending at the time of this application, please provide all of these materials. Only provide materials from colleges you are strongly interested in attending or have committed to attend.
8) Interview: Students selected for scholarships will be required to be interviewed either in-person or via Zoom meeting before final determination of acceptance